BehaviOral Health Student Group
The BehaviOral Health Student Group will support students to improve their skills and increase their competence in treating patients dealing with mental health and substance use conditions through clinic, curriculum and community engagement initiatives. With the guidance of faculty advisors Dr. Jack King and Jamie Burgess-Flowers, MSW, LCSW, the group’s focus will be the following:
- Increasing competence in the treatment of patients with mental health and substance use disorders through trainings with content experts and volunteer opportunities
- Improving community relationships with local behavioral health providers and PCPs with behavioral health services
- Improving behavioral health integration efforts in student clinics
What’s in store?
Looking ahead, we have some exciting initiatives in the works such as:
- Interprofessional collaboration with other health professions
- Hands-on clinical experiences
- Volunteer opportunities with community mental health facilities
- Leadership opportunities
- …and more!
If you would like to hear more, please fill out the 2021-2022 Member Interest Form and we will be sure to keep you in the loop with all things BHSG.