Appointments, Faculty and Staff, Prosthodontics

Alex Yarborough Begins Appointment with Prosthodontics

Effective October 15, Dr. Alexandra Yarborough began her appointment as clinical assistant professor in the Department of Prosthodontics.

“I am so happy to be back at UNC,” said Yarborough, who received her D.D.S. from the UNC School of Dentistry. “I look forward to building my academic career here and to represent UNC on a national level. I’m excited to work with the students and I hope to serve as a positive role model to them.

In her role as assistant professor, Yarborough’s responsibilities will include teaching in the predoctoral prosthodontic curriculum, including fixed prosthodontic and implant courses. She will also oversee students in the general dentistry student clinics. Her research interests include dental education research and sleep apnea.

“We’re glad to see Dr. Yarborough return to Chapel Hill to join our department’s wonderful group of hard-working, dedicated core faculty,” said Dr. Robert Wright, chair of the Department of Prosthodontics. “She comes to us highly recommended and is an outstanding addition to our prosthodontics team. I am confident she will play a key role in making sure that our students have a very positive educational experience in the pre-clinical and clinical prosthodontics curriculum.”

Yarborough earned her D.D.S. from the school in 2010, graduating with honors. Following her time at UNC, she attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry as a resident in the Advanced Education in Prosthodontics Program, where she served as chief resident until her graduation in 2013. She is an active member of the American College of Prosthodontists and the Academy of Osseointegration.