John Rosemond balances informative, thought-provoking content with a lively sense of humor. His intention is to help parents properly assume their rightful authority and correct outstanding disciplinary issues. Today’s society has put additional expectations on parents which have often not been in the best interest of the child or the family. This has resulted in children not understanding or being comfortable in new situations, such as the dental office. John will teach course participants how to use “Alpha Speech” to help.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate that having a young child accept receiving dental care is the result of numerous preparatory factors.
- Understand that raising children in different ways results in different outcomes, expectations, and behavior in the dental office.
- Know why, as child and family mental health services have expanded exponentially, the mental health of children has plummeted and continues to do so.
- Learn how to employ what John Rosemond calls “Alpha Speech” to obtain cooperation from children.
- Understand suggestions on how to prepare the parents and child for the dental experience.
- Explain how the above-described changes impact the practice of pediatric dentistry, including the roles of the dentist and the dental staff.