The UNC Adams School of Dentistry in conjunction with the Association for Continuing Dental Education (ACDE), along with 30 of its member schools jointly presents the “ACDE LIVE Webinar Series.”
This series features university-based key opinion leaders presenting numerous topics on multiple dates and times. Presentations are available to meet every dental health care professional’s schedule and interests.
Did you know that one-third of dentists who retire early are forced to do so, due to a musculoskeletal disorder? Untreated chronic pain can result in physical and financial disaster! Now, more than ever, during the COVID-19 pandemic, mental stress can add to the physical demands in the operatory, resulting in pain. Due to the multi-factorial nature of work-related pain in dentistry, rarely does a single intervention (i.e., new loupes, strength training) permanently resolve chronic pain issues. Research reveals 5 key areas that are essential to effectively resolving work-related pain in dentistry. The sequence in which these are implemented is also integral to successfully resolving pain. This dynamic interactive webinar introduces ground-breaking education that can help rejuvenate your love of doing dentistry and transform your life!
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Learn the etiologies of work-related pain in dentistry
- Discover the single most important dental ergonomic intervention to prevent neck pain
- Implement a technique to easily down-regulate the sympathetic nervous system in the operatory
- Discover how painful trigger points develop in dental professionals and self-treatment protocol
- Discover which types of stretches are most beneficial and how to perform them
- Learn how to correct painful muscle imbalances with proper exercise