Graduate Program in Periodontology
The UNC Adams School of Dentistry Graduate Program in Periodontology is dedicated to providing the best in education through innovation, applied technology, and superior and varied learning environments.
The program’s mission is to graduate individuals in the specialty of periodontology who exemplify and demonstrate the highest skills and knowledge in the field and who will go on to serve as outstanding clinicians, academic innovators and community leaders.
We seek to offer a rigorous graduate experience that:
- Comprehensively trains dentists in accordance with standards set forth by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and the American Academy of Periodontology.
- Educates clinical scholars and scholarly clinicians, who can make evidence-based decisions on the periodontal care of patients and/or populations.
- Prepares and qualifies graduates for successful completion of the American Board of Periodontology certifying.
- Fosters commitments to teaching and community engagement and service.
- Improves the quality of periodontal diagnosis, treatment and health for the people of North Carolina and beyond.
The Graduate Program in Periodontology is approved and accredited by the Council on Dental Education of the American Dental Association.