Appointments, Dental Hygiene, Faculty and Staff

Sams Named Director of Undergraduate Dental Hygiene Program

Effective April 1, Lattice Sams, BSDH ‘03, RDH, MS ‘09, has been appointed director of the Adams School of Dentistry’s undergraduate dental hygiene program.

An alumna of the Adams School of Dentistry undergraduate dental hygiene program, Sams has been a member of the dental hygiene faculty since 2012, and the assistant director of the dental hygiene program since 2019.

Prior to joining the Adams School of Dentistry, she was in private practice for nearly a decade and served as an instructor at Wake Technical College.

“I am pleased to see both Professor Sams and Professor Brame continue their leadership at the Adams School of Dentistry,” said Interim Dean Julie Byerley, MD, MPH. “I am incredibly grateful for Professor Brame’s leadership of the dental hygiene programs, and I am eagerly looking forward to the work she will accomplish with IPEP, which is such an important area of emphasis in modern health profession education. I am also very excited to work with Professor Sams. I know our dental hygiene undergraduate program is in great hands.”

Jennie Brame, RDH, MS, previously served as director of both the undergraduate dental hygiene program and graduate program in dental hygiene education. In November, she was named the school’s new Director of Interprofessional Education and Practice (IPEP).

In addition to serving as the Director of Interprofessional Education and Practice, Professor Brame will remain the director of the Graduate Program in Dental Hygiene Education, and will continue her teaching and service duties.

“In a year full of unexpected challenges, we are glad to be able to share a bit of happy news with our Adams School of Dentistry family,” said Sams. “I am so excited to lead our undergraduate program, and continue a legacy of more than 60 year legacy of dental hygiene. Both Jennie and I are honored to continue to serve our students and community in these new roles.”