Appointments, Research, Students

Chen Elected National Student Research Group Vice President

Annie Chen, DDS Candidate 2017, was recently elected to be vice president of the National Student Research Group (NSRG) at the American Association of Dental Research (AADR) meeting in Boston, Mass.

“I am honored to have the opportunity to serve as NSRG vice president,” said Chen. “My goals are to advance regional NSRG activity, strengthen student-faculty collaboration and advocate for dental research funding. I am very excited to work with my peers to promote and facilitate research activities for dental students nationwide.”

Chen will hold this position for one academic year, with her entering the office in full in July of 2016. As NSRG vice president, Chen will plan symposia for AADR Annual Meetings, implement the NSRG regional representatives program and promote Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill.

“We are very proud of Annie and her many accomplishments,” said Dr. Timothy Wright, faculty advisor for the UNC Student Research Group. “I know she will represent her fellow students well. We’re excited for her to bring the UNC perspective to the NSRG.”